[Typo3] cannot use BE at fresh installed typo3 quickstart

Mikkel Wied Frederiksen mikkel at sleepy.dk
Sun Nov 6 21:23:37 CET 2005

Hello.

I have tried downgrading, but it was imposseble to get the server up and
running. with apache 2 with php 4.4.1 (and 5.0.15), i couldn't get the
php and mysql to communicate, so after spending hours on that s***
today, i installed php 5 and mysql 5.0.15 again.

i kept comming with a mysql 1251 error. something about the client
beeing to old. and the phpinfo() showed, that the mysql API was 3.29.xx
something. but it was simply impossible to upgrade that to the mysql
4.xx or 5.xx API.

best regards
Mikkel WF