[Typo3] utf-8: russian character problems

Antje H. Lewis alewis at utanet.at
Sun Nov 6 03:02:53 CET 2005

Hello. Am having trouble migrating from test server to live server with a
bilingual site (english/russian). What happens is that everything is
perfect on the test server but on the live server a handful of characters
are not accepted from the rich text editor; the error message is:

"102: These fields are not properly updated in database: (header,bodytext)
Probably value mismatch with fieldtype."

Some characters then are displayed as empty boxes. The ones I've noticed
are the characters that on the russian keyboard correspond to ' (single
quote), y, and c on the U.S. keyboard.  Difficulty is that I understand
absolutely no russian.

I have forcecharset = utf-8 in the typo3 config.
test server (win2k):

typo3 3.8.0
php 5.0.5
apache 1.3.33
mysql 5.0.15
show variables:
"character_set_client utf8
character_set_connection utf8
character_set_database utf8
character_set_results utf8
character_set_server latin1
character_set_system utf8"
the server environment (not influenceable by me at all unfortunately):

typo3 3.8.0
php 4.3.11-dev
IIS 6.0
mysql 3.23.49