[Typo3] Changing multilingual text of an extension

Sandip Bhattacharya sandip at lug-delhi.org
Sat Nov 5 20:54:21 CET 2005

Krystian Szymukowicz wrote:

> Sandip Bhattacharya napisa?(a):
>> I wanted to change the "Go to archive" text in the tt_news extension
>> using typoscript only. I found  out from the docs that there is no
>> such easy way. I went through the tt_news source instead, and found
>> out that it was using the goToArchive string in the locallang.php
>> file. How do I change this text using typoscript? I have tried:
>>  plugin.tt_news.LOCAL_LANG.default.goToArchive = New text.
>> ... and some other combinations. But none of them worked.

[...]

> it seems you missed underscore before LOCAL_LANG
>
> plugin.tt_news._LOCAL_LANG.default.goToArchive = New text.

That did the trick! Thanks!

I was just curious. Which of the myriad Typo3 doc mentions this?

I wish the Typo3 references like TSRef had an index! (sigh)

- Sandip

Sandip Bhattacharya  *    Puroga Technologies   *     sandip at puroga.com
Work: http://www.puroga.com  *   Home/Blog: http://www.sandipb.net/blog

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3