[Typo3] direct mail fetch and compile URL missing top level domain

Eric Blom ericb at piap.com
Sat Nov 5 18:25:51 CET 2005

I'm still working on this problem and am wondering if anyone can make
some debug suggestions. I've never written anything in php so I'm
wondering what some basic debug techniques. For example, how can you
"debug by printf" in Typo3?

I'm trying to see what is going on with the following lines of
class.mod_web_dmail.php to see if this is the source of the shortened
URL I'm seeing.

switch((string)$row["type"])    {
                                         case 1:
                                                 $this->url_html =
$row["HTMLParams"];
                                                 $this->url_plain =
$row["plainParams"];
                                         break;
                                         default:
                                                 $this->url_html =
$this->urlbase."?id=".$row["page"].$row["HTMLParams"];
                                                 $this->url_plain =
$this->urlbase."?id=".$row["page"].$row["plainParams"];
                                         break;
                                 }

Thank you,
Eric