[Typo3] extension kickstarter DB relation

Elias Humbolt elias at asb-online.at
Sat Nov 5 07:12:32 CET 2005

I setup a new FE plugin extension.

I have a "mainObject" where you can choose from a "objectType" selectbox which
is filled by a DB relation to the "objectType" table. Now everything works
fine so far, except that in the record creation wizard form there is the
objectType "uid" shown and not its "name" from the corresponding field in the
database.

Of course it it is shown, since I did not choose anywhere to show anything, so
it shows the "key" field I guess.

My question logically is, how and where can I set that the "name" field will
be shown instead of the "uid" field?

elias