[Typo3] TV alternative Template like Print Version

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Fri Nov 4 08:56:09 CET 2005

Hi!

Andreas Foerthner wrote:
> I'm just searching for a solution, and couldn't find one in the
> mailinglists so far. I'm trying to implement a second layout of my page
> in TV. It should be like the Print Version descriped in FTB. What about
> the good old page.typeNum? Isn't it available in TV anymore? I'd like to
> have a link in the Frontend where I can switch the layout of the whole
> page. Of course the content should be the same and the user should just
> have to insert this one time in the backend and those two version should
> be available in the FE. Just like the Print Version but as a third
> variant of the page (Normal, Print and this)...
>
> has anyone a solution??

You cannot select custom redering type in BE but you still can do a trick :)

You can do child templates and modify `renderType` column in the
`tx_templavoila_tmplobj` to whatever you need. Then you can specify
rendering type in TS setup of tx_templavoila_pi1 using `childTemplate`
property. I have not tried it myself but this is what I see from the TV
code.

Dmitry.