[Typo3] Issues with the Futuristic Template Building (FTB) tutorial

Vincent typo3 at crel.us
Thu Nov 3 06:20:10 CET 2005

Hello everybody.

Issue 4
-------
Section 1.4.2 Creating a "grid" Content Element
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_tut_ftb1/Creating_a_quot_gri/

After creating the 2 column flexible content element and adding it to
the root page, it does not show the two columns side by side in the TV
Web->Page module as the tutorial screen shot shows.  Instead it shows
them underneath each other like this.

Left column content ...
Right column content ...

Then, if I click on the "create reference" or "copy record" icon for the
existing text with picture content element, I do not get the little
clipboard icons for pasting inside the left and right column areas of
the FCE.  They are only outside the FCE where I can paste the CE in the
page above or below it.

If I edit the FCE record and add text to the left and right columns of
the content fields, it displays properly in the front end.  So I think
that I created the FCE correctly.

Is the tutorial correct here?  Should I be able to move or copy
a content element into one of the columns inside the FCE that I created?
If so, any idea what I could be doing wrong?  Other than that, it
behaved just like the rest of the screen shots on that tutorial page.