[Typo3] UL LI menu

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 18:22:04 CET 2005

Hi,

On 02/11/05, Patxi Goitia <pgoitia at euskalnet.net> wrote:
> Hi, I want to implement this horizontal menu:
>
> http://dosimple.ch/articles/Menus-dynamiques/menuHorizontal.html
>
> My problem: I don't know what TS code to use for generating UL on 2nd or
>   3rd level menus...
>
> Any example ?
>
> BTW, is there a better/easier way to generate dynamic horizontal menus ?

A better way than what?

The basic setup for a nested list menu (it's close to or exactly like
the one at the link you posted) follows this message. You should
probably get to know the TSref [1] and the TSbyex [2] _very_ well.

-Christopher

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/
[2] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsbyex/

### A 4 level menu:
lib.navigation = HMENU
lib.navigation {
  ### Follow the entire menu code with the call to the menu js:
  wrap = |<script type="text/javascript">initMenu();</script>

  ### Level 1:
  1 = TMENU
  1 {
    ### Wrap this level in an unordered list:
    wrap = <ul id="navigation">|</ul>
    ### Get rid of default link javascript:
    noBlur = 1
    ### Don't 'collapse' the menu:
    expAll = 1
    ### Show only 3 items in this level:
    maxItems = 3

    ### Wrap the menu item and any child menus in a list-item:
    wrapItemAndSub = <li>|</li>
  }

  2 = TMENU
  2 {