[Typo3] Direct Mail questions . . .

Jerry Reid jlreid_s5 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 1 16:04:54 CET 2005

1) I'm using TemplaVoila to parse templates for my typo3 site.  The Direct
Mail tutorial, however, directs us to use one of the standard T3 templates.
I've figured out how to make Direct Mail send html emails based on my TV
template, but it's missing the dynamically generated "unsubscribe" link.  Am
I missing something, or is DM not meant to be used with sites running TV
created templates?

2) Whenever I test send a message I receive the html-formatted one, but the
text-formatted one always says this, regardless of the actual page content
used to create the direct mail:

This is default template for plain-text mail content

###CONTENT###

(Then the footer info, with the unsubscribe link, follows).

What should I be doing to make the text-formatted message display the
correct content?

3) When DM sends html-formatted emails it embeds any graphics, which creates
large emails.  Can I just have it leave the absolute image urls in my
template alone, so that the recepients' email clients request the images
when the messages are opened?

4) The statics never shows any information on html emails opened.  Is
everyone experiencing this problem, or do I need to add something to my
template to make this work properly?

5)  What are the additional html parameters mentioned in the module
configuration area?  Is there any document that explains them?

That's it (for now)!  Thanks for your help,

-jlr1001