[Typo3] direct mail fetch and compile URL missing top level domain

Eric Blom ericb at piap.com
Tue Nov 1 06:50:55 CET 2005

I've been trying to get the Web-Plugins Direct Mail plugin working
for a while now without success all because of the Fetch and Compile
URL -- as far as I can tell.

When I try to "Fetch and compile maildata (read url)" the back end
page that comes up with the "Read URL" button has the URLs wrong. In
my case I was expecting
     http://www.psocdeveloper.com/index.php?id=71
but I get
     http://www.psocdevelindex.php?id=71

"oper.com/" is missing!

I've been bumbling around trying to find a solution to this problem,
but, have yet to find one.

Searching the mailing list I haven't seen this problem so I figure it
must be something specific to my configuration, but, I don't know
where to look. I would appreciate any debugging suggestions the list
is willing to give me.

The interesting thing to me is that I have another site where the
HTTP_HOST variable is returning the IP address of the machine
(192.168.2.4) and I can't get direct mail to use any value other than
that IP address. In the case I'm asking about here I've checked the
HTTP_HOST variable and it is set to www.psocdeveloper.com I can't get
direct mail to use the entire value!

Thank you,
Eric