[Typo3] How to improve List module ?

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue May 31 21:07:36 CEST 2005

Hello,

On 5/31/05, Rupert Germann <rupi at gmx.li> wrote:
> Hi Greg
>
> Grégory BECKER wrote:
> > I would like to know how can I improve the List module (the one used to
> > display/access records in Storage folders) to make it easier to use.
> > Which extension can I study to do that ?
>
> extending the list module directly is only possible with XCLASSing
> "typo3/class.db_list.inc" (not recommanded)
>
> BUT: you can build your own improved list module as a completely new BE
> module.
>
> btw: what do you want to improve in the list module?

One thing that'd be nice would be to be able to display records with
titles from another table. For example, if you've created records in a
table other than fe_users that belong to particular users, it'd be
cool to be able to display those records with the name of the user
they belong to.

(On the other hand, knowing Typo3, this is probably something I can
set up via the extension in the first place but just don't know about
yet...)

In any case, I know that I could build this in by writing a BE module
for the extension anyway ;-)

-Christopher