[Typo3] awstats and awstats enhancer

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Tue May 31 10:35:27 CEST 2005

>>> I'm using the latest version of AwStats and also wanted to use the
>>> extension Awstats enhancer.
>>>
>>> When I start the enhancer I get the error message:
>>> Should unexpected errors occure while using 'AWStats', please
>>> contact your administrator.
>>>
>>> I don't know what's going wrong ? How can I find out? and how can I
>>> fix this?
>>

>> I've got exactly the same problem. Any solutions yet?
>

> No nobody has answered yet. It suprises me,  in my day time job I'm
> working with Microsoft software and if you've a question/problem a
> lot of people are helping. Opensource seems to be a different story.

Come on, this is ridiculous.
Is this really an "error message" or just some hint, that errors could be
possible?

With just 1400+ downloads this "AWStats Enhancer" doesn't seem to be very
popular and it is still displaying "beta" status.
We never used AWStats nor this enhancer and maybe most of the people from
the lists and NGs too.
So this is not about "Open Source vs. Commercial". It's about using
proprietary software.
Ask something about tt_news (with about 60.000 downloads) and you might get
the answer within a few hours.

BTW:
Did you try to contact the extension author?
Or maybe you should do what the message said: please contact your
administrator.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau