[Typo3] Upgrading to TYPO3 3.8.0 and 3.7.1

Anoop Atre anoop.atre at gmail.com
Tue May 31 03:07:59 CEST 2005

I am weighing the reasons to upgrade my Typo3 installation from 3.7.0,
and would like to include this in the Wiki. I have actually come to the
decision to upgrade to 3.8.0 (after reading changelogs and debating with
myself, I think since my installation is still in development and
supports one institution the move is easier for me) but I think a better
analysis would help others.

If someone has written a nice intro (or have ideas) to help users to
decide if they should upgrade or not please post since I'm not sure if
I'm analyzing correctly!

---------------------------
Should I move to 3.7.1 OR 3.8.0 (or should I just stay with < 3.7.1)

Main reason you can argue to NOT upgrade is if you have secured your
current installation and are satisfied with the current
performance/capabilities.

These are reasons I came up with to upgrade (not sure if I'm correct):

TO 3.7.1
http://www.typo3-unleashed.net/fileadmin/documents/changelog371.txt
http://www.scriptme.de/typo371_changelog.html [3.7.0-1]
* Bug Fixes
* Some Security Fixes
- - - - - - -
TO 3.8.0
http://www.typo3-unleashed.net/uploads/media/changelog380.txt
http://www.scriptme.de/typo380_changelog.html [3.8.0RC1-FINAL]
* Bug Fixes
* Security Fixes(?)
* Better Caching(?)
* Better Indexed Search(?)
* New extensions based on 3.8.0 and might not work on older cores(?)

--
USUAL READING:
http://typo3.org/development/articles/release-notes-380/