[Typo3] Typo3+LMS....

Dante dante at sabacommunity.com
Mon May 30 10:37:15 CEST 2005

fella wrote:
> Dante пишет:
>
>> fella wrote:
>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>> Firstly,
>>> I'd like to express many thanks for great work of Typo3 community.
>>> Secondly,
>>> I'm very interested in implementing Typo3 to deal with educational
>>> resources. Has anyone tried to use Typo3 for educational purposes
>>> (e.g. University portal system)? I'd be glad to hear from people who
>>> had any experience of working with Typo3+Moodle or any other LMS.
>>> Thanks in advance.....
>>

>> Hi fella,
>> we have been/are working on integrating Typo3 with Saba
>> (http://www.saba.com):
>> - single sign on
>> - RSS feeds into typo3 (e.g upcoming events, in progress/due/expired
>> certifications, curriculums, learning plans, approvals, waiting
>> multi-rater assessments, etc)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dante
>
> Hi Dante,
> Thanks for reply. How have you managed to synсhronize the users between
> two systems? I'm thinking about using Moodle (have some experience of
> using it alone). Have read several posts of people who succeeded in it.
> But the problem of two different tables of users still exists. Have you
> heard about such LMS as Sakai?
> My regards,
> fella
fella,
I have not heard about Sakai, nor do I have experience with Moodle.

As per syncronisation of data:
The data is usually fed from a central HR system (e.g. SAP, Oracle HR,
etc) and used to populate the LDAP server and the LMS (only with the
relevant data). So .. yes .. you have distinct tables, but keeping them
in sync is not a problem, as long as you have some for of UID, usually
generated by the master of the data, which lets you syncronise the data.

not sure this helps,
regards, Dante