[Typo3] DMail, $TCA and fe_admin_fieldList

Darren Sprott typo3 at dsol.com.au
Sun May 29 21:50:20 CEST 2005

I am really quite lost here. I have been wanting to extend the Direct
Mail subscription template to allow phone and mobile information along
with the name and email data (details in my post on 27 May).

 From what I understand, the dynamics behind the issue are as follows:

1. $TCA (Table Configuration Array) is an allowable array of database
tables and fields that can be affected.

2. If a table and field isn't specified in the $TCA, and a FE form tries
to change data within this table or field, the change is ignored.

3. To add to $TCA's list of tables and fields you need to make the
changes in a file called ext_tables.php which is a core part of an
extension.

4. These changes need to affect an array within $TCA called
fe_admin_fieldList.

5. After fe_admin_fieldList has been set, you then implement the changes
through TypoScript and the template file.

Now, from what I also understand, the whole tt_address table is
automatically in the allowed array. So why wont it take data through the
form?

By the way, here is the tt_address changes I made to ext_tables.php
inside the direct_mail extension, but to be honest I really am not sure
what I am changing. All I know is that nothing I've tried has worked...

	// tt_address modified
t3lib_div::loadTCA('tt_address');
t3lib_extMgm::addTCAcolumns('tt_address',array(
  		'phone' => Array('config'=>array('type'=>'passthrough')),
  		'mobile' => Array('config'=>array('type'=>'passthrough')),
  		'module_sys_dmail_category' =>
Array('config'=>array('type'=>'passthrough')),
		'module_sys_dmail_html' => Array('config'=>array('type'=>'passthrough'))
));
$TCA['tt_address']['feInterface']['fe_admin_fieldList'].=',phone,mobile,module_sys_dmail_category,module_sys_dmail_html';

Darren