[Typo3] update from 3.7.0 to 3.7.1 or 3.8.0 (help)

Darren Sprott typo3 at dsol.com.au
Sat May 28 23:42:36 CEST 2005

Jane Larsen wrote:
> My server must be working ok since image handling works fine for 3.7.0 but
> since my MySQL version has a conflict with 3.7.0 I have to upgrade some how
> (its a hosted solution so I cant change php and mysql, but just my typo3
> install)

Hi Jane,

I don't really understand your issue. Can you explain which images are
missing? For example, are you using graphic menus, or are you referring
to images added to page content?

Also, did you check your 'Install' tool module as Jochen advised? This
is located in the module panel when editing your site.

I doubt that MySQL would be the problem as (I think) it simply
references most image files to their fileadmin location. I suspect that
you may not have a correct permission on one or more of your folders,
which the Install tool module will pick up for you. For example, most
folders when created on servers have 'read' access but you need to
physically change their CHMOD settings to allow 'write' and 'execute'.
If the target folder doesn't have the correct permissions set then
nothing will happen.

Hope this is all it is for you as it is easily fixed with an FTP client.

cheers

Darren