[Typo3] Using GraphicsMagick with TYPO3

Nick Weisser typo3 at openstream.ch
Sat May 28 01:42:43 CEST 2005

Hi there,

I just came accross
http://mstucki.net/files/typo3/graphicsmagick_wrapper/ after reading a
posting of December 2004 where Michael said:

 > Help yourself and get rid of ImageMagick. Use GraphicsMagick instead
 > (and hit Google to search for the "graphicsmagick_wrapper" which is
 > needed currently).

Using GraphicsMagick with TYPO3
===============================

1) Download the script "graphicsmagick_wrapper.sh"
2) Create a new directory /usr/local/graphicsmagick and move the wrapper
    script into it
3) Run the commands below to finish the installation:

PROGRAM=graphicsmagick
cd /usr/local/${PROGRAM}
chmod a+x ${PROGRAM}_wrapper.sh
for i in composite convert identify; \
	do ln -s ${PROGRAM}_wrapper.sh $i; \
	done

4) Have a look at the file localconf_graphicsmagick.php.txt to see some
recommended
    settings for your localconf.php

  -- Michael Stucki <mundaun at gmx.ch>  Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:29:25 +0200

which I thought could solve my PDF reading problem, but to no avail.

Read PDF
There was no result from the ImageMagick operation
Below there's a dump of the ImageMagick commands executed:

/usr/local/graphicsmagick/identify
/home/www/web6/html/typo3/sysext/install/imgs/pdf_from_imagemagick.pdf[0]

My graphicsmagick folder looks like this:

openstream:/usr/local/graphicsmagick# ls -l
total 4
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           25 May 28 01:20 composite ->
graphicsmagick_wrapper.sh
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           25 May 28 01:20 convert ->
graphicsmagick_wrapper.sh
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         2207 Nov 23  2004
graphicsmagick_wrapper.sh
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           25 May 28 01:20 identify ->
graphicsmagick_wrapper.sh

I actually installed ghostscript in order to get ImageMagick running
with PDF read support, but I can't really figure out what the problem is
and why it still does not work.

Any advice on this would be really appreciated,
Nick