[Typo3] how to set the pid-field

Markus Friedrich markus.friedrich at media-lights.de
Fri May 27 17:50:37 CEST 2005

Hi list!

I'm writing a new extension for Typo3, but now i met a problem!

My extension consists of a frontend plugin and a backend module, every
record should be created with my backend module. I'm using new database
tables and extended the table "tt_content" with a database relation field.
My data records should be available everywhere, so they are not dependent on
special sides. But i'm not sure how to set the "pid" entry of my records, if
i set nothing the data record is not used from the database relation. How
can i solve this problem?

I hope you can help me.

Markus