[Typo3] setting access for site translators

Alex van der Baan list at vanderbaan.org
Fri May 27 10:45:32 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have been busy setting up a site for my company, one of the
prerequisites was a multilanguage site. We have an office in Budapest
that wants to have the site translated.

The site is up, language menu implemented and a special backend group
and user has been made to make sure the collegues in Budapest can only
login, cope the english content and do their translation.
I find that even though there is an option in the usermenu which
restricts the user to editing only his or hers language, you still can
delete content records.

Under the access module I have to give 'show page' & 'edit content'
permissions to the hungarian usergroup. This however also allows the
user to perform operatiosn like: move and delete. The only thing that
the restrict user/group to editing language does is disallow actual
changes to the english record.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks, Alex van der Baan