[Typo3] sr_feuser_register 1.4.0 and Typo3 3.8.0: User data cannot be changed

Oliver Klee typo3-german-01 at oliverklee.de
Fri May 27 10:11:34 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I've recently upgraded to Typo3 3.8.0 and sr_feuser_register 1.4.0. Now
the extension behaves in a strange way which I can't recall to have seen
before:

Adding users on the front end works fine (even with mail confirmation).
All user data can be entered for this. Logging in works fine, too.

Yet, changing the data of the logged-in user (e.g. the city) doesn't
work - the changed data doesn't seem to get written to the database.
After submitting the EDIT form, the changed user data gets displayed
fine, but if I log out and log in again (or just load the EDIT page
again), the old user data is displayed again.

There seem to be no error messages on the front end or back end (except
for the "Naming Errors" in the EM, but those don't seem to be related).

The plugin's code on the corresponding page is set to EDIT. In the
constants, plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1.editPID is set to the correct
page.

I'll try if downgrading the extension to a previous version helps.

Do anyone of you see this problem as well (with which version of Typo3
and the extension)? Does anyone know a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Oliver