[Typo3] DMail Subscription -> accessing tt_address fields

Darren Sprott darren at dsol.com.au
Fri May 27 03:03:54 CEST 2005

Hi everyone,

I really hope someone can help me with this problem.

I've set up the dmail extension and basically it is working. What I now need to do is extend the subscription template to accept address, phone and mobile information and pass them to the existing tt_address fields. I've placed input boxes into fe_admin_dmailsubscrip.tmpl and they show up correctly...

---- Extract from fe_admin_dmailsubscrip.tmpl ----
  <input type="text" name="FE[tt_address][phone]">
  <input type="text" name="FE[tt_address][mobile]">
---- End ----

They are not required fields so I didn't include the required parameters.

I tested this but the information wasn't passed into the database.

Next I tried adapting the create and edit typoscript parameters in the Direct Mail Module template

---- Added to template setup field ----
  # Add more tt_address fields (phone, mobile)
  plugin.feadmin.dmailsubscription.create.fields = name, hidden, email, phone, mobile, module_sys_dmail_category, module_sys_dmail_html
  plugin.feadmin.dmailsubscription.edit.fields = name, email, phone, mobile, module_sys_dmail_category, module_sys_dmail_html
---- End ----

This didn't work so I edited typo3_src-3.7.0/typo3/ext/direct_mail_subscription/ext_typoscript_setup.txt directly to force the fields...

---- Extract from ext_typoscript_setup.txt ----
  // Edit setup
  edit = 1
  edit.fields = name, email, phone, mobile, module_sys_dmail_category, module_sys_dmail_html
  edit.required = name, email
  edit.evalValues {
    email = uniqueLocal, email
  }

  // Create setup
  create = 1
  create.preview = 0
  create.fields = name, hidden, email, phone, mobile, module_sys_dmail_category, module_sys_dmail_html
  create.required = name, email
  create.noSpecialLoginForm = 1
    # Initially hide the user until he approves!
  create.overrideValues.hidden = 1
  create.evalValues {
    email = uniqueLocal, email
  }