[Typo3] is typo3 suitable for a site like playboy?

Allan Jacobsen allan.j at cobsen.dk
Thu May 26 23:41:26 CEST 2005

The short answer: Yes, typo3 can handle that.

The long answer: Any CMS system can handle any load, it just depends on what
kind of servers you put behind the site.

Offcause typo3 can handle less load than a static website of just html, jpegs
and avi's, but if you compare with other database driven systems typo3 is no
worse than any of them.
Where I work in my daytime work, we have 30000-70000 unique visitors per day,
which gives 15-75 Gbytes of traffic per day, and we use different techniques
like loadbalancers, reverse proxys etc. to get a stable site, but that is not
specific to typo3.

Best regards
Allan Jacobsen