[Typo3] News category link behaviour

Darryl Krause darrylk at ywam.no
Thu May 26 14:15:03 CEST 2005

Hi list

I have had tt_news successfully operating but now face a new challenge. The news category links can either function as a category selector (filtering the current listing to show only the selected category) or as a shortcut to another page. I am trying to do something that is a mix of both.

On one part of the site I have various new records placed in various subpages. On the main page I have a listing of all the records. Here the category links work as a selector. On the subpages I also have listings of news records stored on that page. Here I want the category links to point to the main page, but only selecting records of the chosen category.

I though that I could just change the mode of the category links on the subpages from selector to shortcut, and then add a shortcut to each category record like:
http://domain.com/mainpage.html?no_cache=1&tx_ttnews[cat]=28

But the category shortcut field only allows chosing a page id from the page tree. I cannot add the category id to the link url as shown.

Are there any suggestions for how to get around this? Can I add some TS code to a template for the subpages to modify the behaviour?

Thanks
- Darryl Krause (darrylk)