[Typo3] Real Url and 404 error page

Christian Melchior christian at wildside.dk
Thu May 26 09:15:55 CEST 2005

Hi Thomas

Try putting the following in your localconf.php:

//RealURL configuration
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']['_DEFAULT'] = array(
	'init' => array(
		'enableCHashCache' => 1,
		'enableUrlDecodeCache' => 1,
		'enableUrlEncodeHash' => 1,
		),
	'rewrite' => array(
		),
	'preVars' => array(
		),
	'pagePath' => array(
	 	'type' => 'user',
		'userFunc' =>
'EXT:realurl/class.tx_realurl_advanced.php:&tx_realurl_advanced->main',
		'spaceCharacter' => '-',
		'languageGetVar' => 'L',
		'expireDays' => 3
		),
	'fileName' => array (
		'defaultToHTMLsuffixOnPrev' => 1,
		'index' => array(
			'page.html' => array(
				'keyValues' => array (
					'type' => 1,
		        		),
				),
			),
		'print.html' => array(
			'keyValues' => array (
				'type' => 98,
				),
			),
		),
	'fixedPostVarSets' => array(
		),
	'postVarSets' => array(
		'_DEFAULT' => array(
	 		),
		),
	);
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS["FE"]["pageNotFound_handling"] =
'index.php?id=pagenotfound';

We had some problems with this as well, and it looks like you must set
postVarSets _DEFAULT-value (empty or filled). I don't know why this is,
but it works...(There is also an example in the wiki)

regards,
Christian