AW: AW: [Typo3] tmenu_layers problem in FIREFOX

Gabriel Anast gabriel at anast.org
Wed May 25 22:10:31 CEST 2005

Rudolf Ganglbauer wrote:

>Sorry gabe,
>But check it out with IE --> not working!

Man, in my IE on XPsp2 (6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
nepostrategies.com works fine... now the example on ala does have left
padding or something in IE...

>And if my site would be left-aligned then I could solve the problem with
>left:0px. But my site is CENTERED.

Right... believe me I have had nothing but pain and suffering trying to
get mine to work... it still doesn't work, and it is also a centered
menu like yours.

Although, yours isn't truly centered, yours is left aligned within a
centered div. You know that the css box model for absolute positioning
positions absolutely off the last relatively or absolutely positioned
element?

I think that if you add "position: relative;" to your #globalNav id, and
then a "position:absolute; left:0px;" to your .subglobalNav class, that
might fix your menu...

In any case, I'm going to try the ala fix, though, and post it if I can
get it to work.

--gabe