[Typo3] tmenu_layers problem in FIREFOX

Gabriel Anast gabriel at anast.org
Wed May 25 20:06:16 CEST 2005

>The level2-navigation on my site is built with tmenu_layers. With IE everything is working fine but with FIREFOX the nav is always shown on the left side (vertical position is OK).
>The site is built with css. Everything is in one main container so positioning should work.

I have the same problem, I can either get it to work like yours (exact
same problem/display issue in FF), or I can get it to work in FF but the
whole page floats left in IE. The difference is the CSS and the page
wrapping... I just set it to work with FF and added a page footer saying
that IE is a security risk...(lol). In any case, the site is not
official yet, still in development, but you can see the menu here:
7xsunday.net and the TypoScript setup follows:

----------TS setup--------------
---------------------------------
temp.topmenu = COA
temp.topmenu {
  10 = IMAGE
  10.file = fileadmin/user_upload/image_cache/logo_drop_330x71.gif
  10.imageLinkWrap = 1
  10.imageLinkWrap.enable = 1
  10.imageLinkWrap.typolink.parameter = 1 _self
  10.wrap = <div
style="margin-right:auto;margin-left:auto;width:330px;">|</div> //This
centers the menu in FF... not in IE
  20 = HMENU
  20 {
    1 = GMENU_LAYERS
    1 {
      layerStyle =
position:absolute;margin-top:25px;margin-left:-75px;width:10px;VISIBILITY:hidden;
//This positions the secondary menus
      relativeToTriggerItem = 1
      hideMenuWhenNotOver = 30
      freezeMouseover = 1
      expAll=1
      NO {
        backColor = #ffffff
        XY = [10.w]+10, 28
        niceText = 1
        wrap = <td>|</td>
        4 = IMAGE
        4.file = media/buttons/mid_tab_sm.gif
        4.title = 10
        5 = IMAGE
        5.file = media/buttons/left_tab_sm.gif
        6 = IMAGE
        6.file = media/buttons/right_tab_sm.gif
        6.align = r
        10 = TEXT
        10.text.field = title
        10.fontFile = media/fonts/sylfaen.ttf
        10.fontSize = 17
        10.fontColor = #000000
        10.offset = 5,16
      }
      RO < temp.topmenu.20.1.NO
      RO = 1
      RO {
        4 = IMAGE
        4.file = media/buttons/mid_tab_sm_ro.gif
        4.title = 10
        6 = IMAGE
        6.file = media/buttons/right_tab_sm_ro.gif
        6.align = r
        10.fontColor = #af0000
      }
    }