[Typo3] displaying an RSS feed ifEmpty?

Jason A. Lefkowitz jlefkowitz at oceana.org
Wed May 25 17:48:14 CEST 2005

Has anyone out there been able to use the n_rdfimport plugin along with
the .ifEmpty condition of stdWrap to set up an RSS feed as default
content, to be displayed in any part of a site that doesn't have content
to fill that part of the template?

I had thought that something like this would work:

    temp.rssfeeds = COA
    temp.rssfeeds.10 = RECORDS
    temp.rssfeeds.10.dontCheckPID = 1
    temp.rssfeeds.10.tables = tx_nrdfimport_feeds
    temp.rssfeeds.10.source = <uid of RSS feed object>

	... other TypoScript ...

    subparts.RIGHT_CONTENT {

       stdWrap.cObject < styles.content.getRight
       stdWrap.ifEmpty.cObject < temp.rssfeeds

    }

... but it doesn't -- if I switch the .tables to tt_content and pass it
a standard Typo content element, it works fine, but pass it a reference
to an RSS feed and it returns nothing.

Has anyone out there made something like this work?  Thanks!

-- Jason Lefkowitz