[Typo3] Extension "Who is online" seems to be broken with 3.8

Jörg Schaller jorgo at jorgo.org
Tue May 24 19:18:14 CEST 2005

On Tue, 24 May 2005 09:56:54 +0200, Jochen Weiland
<nospam at jweiland.net> wrote:

>I have been able to duplicate the problem. This quick fix seems to help:
>just create an empty file with the name locallang.php in the shown
>directory.
>
>Jochen

In the meantime I've found another extension with the same problem.
Putting a locallang.php file in the path from the error message does
indeed provide a quick and dirty fix as I found out myself:

xinit_twocolumn

Chances are that more extensions from the same author will behave the
same way. Also, in the past I was able to delete the global extensions
tt_news, tt_rating and tt_products from the server (since they can't
be overwritten) and subsequently download the newest version to the
typo3/ext/ folder.
Doing so now wreaked havoc on my installation and generated more
errors. Downloading newer versions as local extensions works, though.