[Typo3] Problem with the gifbuilder-object

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue May 24 17:04:30 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 5/24/05, Cornelis Kater <kater at mail.sub.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got a mysterious problem with the gifbuilder object. I wanted to to a
> simple thing - generate an image with is rendered with the title or subtitle
> of the actual page.
>
> My TS is as follows (lib.leiste is my image-object):
>
> lib.leiste = IMAGE
> lib.leiste.file = GIFBUILDER
> lib.leiste.file {
>   XY = 572,80
>   format =jpg
>   quality = 80
>   10 = IMAGE
>   10.file = fileadmin/templates/images/rubrik.jpg
>   18 = TEXT
>   18.text.field = subtitle // title
> }
>
> I built the site with TV, is there an issue with field informations
> (subtitle, title, uid... all testes fields didn't work) which are not set as
> they should be normally?
> My code ist quite simple and inserting static text did work well, only
> writing the dynamic informations is a problem.

I don't know if it's a bug or just a kind of limitation of TV, but
.field doesn't function exactly the same as it does elsewhere (it
seems to me that I've seen posts in the ML explaining this issue, but
I can't locate one quickly...) Try this instead:

18.text.data = page:subtitle // page:title

-Christopher