[Typo3] tt_news and visibility with Win98

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue May 24 17:00:13 CEST 2005

Hello,

On 5/24/05, Meinte van't Kruis <meinte at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> you're right, we should ignore all visitors using windows 98.
>
> and if some extension X doesn't work on windows XP, then we should
> ignore all these visitors as well.

Would you please stop these inane comments? When it comes to published
websites, Typo3 only outputs html/css.

*If* it's true that IE6 renders tt_news pages differently on Win 98
than it does on the many other current versions of Windows - which I
doubt - then the problem is obviously with how Win 98's version of IE6
renders html.

This is clearly not a Typo3 problem. If the markup that tt_news
outputs is somehow unsatisfactory, then CHANGE IT. Extensions like
tt_news allow FULL control over the html/css output. If you can't
create cross-browser compatible markup, then invest a little time in
study or hire someone to help, but please stop claiming it's a problem
with Typo3 - or is IE 5's broken box model Typo3's fault too?

-Christopher