[Typo3] tt_news and visibility with Win98

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Tue May 24 15:24:51 CEST 2005

Meinte, I don't understand your aggression towards the postings here.

Meinte van't Kruis wrote:
>>You mean we should do what a lot of large companies have done with
>>IE/Windows for years? Copying other people's business model is lame ;)
>

> you're right, we should ignore all visitors using windows 98.

Are you unable or unwilling to understand? TYPO3 goes great lengths in
order to work in a lot of environments, whereas Microsoft does not give
a shit about users of other than their own software. TYPO3 has
traditionally been very Windows-friendly (the RTE still works only in
IE/Win) but I don't understand why we should put any efforts in
supporting an operating system that even MS has abandoned for a long
time now. (although I still doubt that the OS plays any role here)

 > and if some extension X doesn't work on windows XP, then we should
 > ignore all these visitors as well.

What are you talking about, or a you just yelling at random people here?
Which feature does not work in XP? Are you talking about running TYPO3
on XP, or looking at TYPO3-rendered websites with XP?

> I thrust the people at Microsoft a bit more than some random person X
> building some extension. And if you really want to point your finger
> at 'bad' software, perhaps you should start by closely examining
> typo3's backend.

If you're just posting this rubbish here in order to piss people off,
well done. You managed to ignored my *IF* clause, and you accused the
TYPO3 devs (and extension authors) of writing bad, Windows-unfriendly
software.

Screw you.