[Typo3] Top 100 pages suggestions

Dave Chewter dchewter at webwasps.com
Tue May 24 13:18:50 CEST 2005

Hi list

I'm using typo3 for the first time for a new site, I've struggled through all my questions so far with the help of the mailing lists, documentation and a bit or trial and error, however I've reached a point where I'd appreciate some advice from more experienced users.

On the site we have various top 100 lists (100 greatest films, 100 best cars etc). Each of the hundred entries requires a separate page. I was going to put them together just with normal pages, named 100 through to 1 and then add the usual content elements into the pages. The problem is that we update these regularly and will need to alter the positions in the list of many of the entries. Obviously this will need a lot of manual updating, as I'd have to copy the content elements from one page into an other, or go through renaming pages.

Therefore I was wondering if there was an extension or a more simple way of doing this. What I want is 100 pages with info that won't change (page name, page title, header images etc) but the content of the pages to be pulled dynamically into those pages, perhaps with some kind of weighting. So I'd have 100 entries and could undate their position in the list by changing the weighting or moving them up and down (so if entry 67 moved to 65 I could change the weighting or move it up 2 places and just the content would move into page 65), without having to go through and then update all the page names etc.

Hope this makes sense. I've gone through the full extension list and can't see anything that is general enough to change.

- Dave Chewter (fasteddie)