[Typo3] How to use the navigation title if available, with mf_pagetitle ?

Pierre Rossel typo3-l at prossel.com
Tue May 24 10:36:28 CEST 2005

Hi list

I have posted this question on this extension's forum, but I'm afraid a few people will see it. So I post it here as well.

The mf_pagetitle extension's forum:
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/search/mf_pagetitle/forum/?tx_t3annotation_pi1%5BshowUid%5D=1718

As documented, I can get the page title without problem. However, I would like to use the navigation title field (nav_title) if available, instead of the page:title.

I've tried several solutions, without success. Even the basic replacement of page:title by page:nav_title does not work.

Any idea on how to do it ?

Code listing:

includeLibs.pagetitle = EXT:mf_pagetitle/pagetitle.php
plugin.mf_pagetitle.title = My site: {page:nav_title}
#plugin.mf_pagetitle.title.field = nav_title
#plugin.mf_pagetitle.title.field = nav_title
config.titleTagFunction = user_pagetitle_class->changetitle

Thank you.

- Pierre Rossel (prossel)