[Typo3] tt_news and visibility with Win98

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Tue May 24 10:18:30 CEST 2005

Meinte van't Kruis wrote:
> What has that got to do with anything??? There are plenty people still
> using windows 98 and IE 6.0, do you need to ignore that usergroup
> because apparantly typo3 won't show news items on that configuration?

Come on, TYPO3 works very well with IE6 and I don't see what the Windows
version has to do with it. *If* the output of IE6/Win98 really differs
from IE6/WinXP then MS produces even worse software than I expected.

> Why not make an entire website which detects if the user has windows
> and then printing:
>
> please use 'linux'
>
> and see how business goes, huh?

You mean we should do what a lot of large companies have done with
IE/Windows for years? Copying other people's business model is lame ;)