[Typo3] error after trying to upload > 2MB pdf file

Jason A. Lefkowitz jlefkowitz at oceana.org
Mon May 23 23:50:40 CEST 2005

Amr --

huzzah!  I have a solution :-)

I took your advice and combed through my Apache error logs.  Squirreled
away deep in there, I found this error message:

[error] Requested content-length of 4213216 is larger than the
configured limit of 524288

524288?  This was new.  I certainly did not remember setting that limit
anywhere in my previous tweaking of php.ini, etc.

A little Googling on the error message turned up the cause of the limit
-- a directive in the php.conf file, stored in httpd/conf.d, reading as
follows:

<Files *.php>
     SetOutputFilter PHP
     SetInputFilter PHP
     LimitRequestBody 524288
</Files>

The "LimitRequestBody" was the culprit -- once I bumped it up to 8MB I
had no further problems uploading.

Thanks to everyone for helping me track this down!!!  One more lesson
learned on "how to configure Apache", I guess :-/

Sincerely,

Jason Lefkowitz