[Typo3] RTE replaces <div> with <p>

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Mon May 23 23:34:54 CEST 2005

>> Well - you posted 2 different codes - one with and one without <P>
>> tags ... so I guessed the second one has been created with the RTE.
>>
> The first one is the source code as available from htmlArea, the
> second is how Typo3 shows this on the web page....
>
>> First:
>> Don't tell them to create tables with a text editor. Or would you
>> tell them to create tables using Wordpad instead of Excel?
>> Second:
>> Don't tell them they have to write the code by hand. There are
>> different content elements and extensions for that.
>>

> HTML is the only content element where it's possible to make a mixture
> of text, tables and all kinds of mark-up.

Wrong - you can mix all types of elements on a page.
First a header followed by a table then some textpic elements with one or
more pictures placed on different corners of the block followed by a
bulletlist and a flash movie ...

> But that requires HTML
> knowledge. And it's not available in news (possibly and other
> extensions) ...

For tt_news this is true as far as this is not implemented ...

> You're suggestion to use the HTML content element gave me a new idea,
> I'll post this in a new thread.

Let's see ...

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian