[Typo3] survey extensions

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Mon May 23 22:11:02 CEST 2005

Nagita Karunaratne wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Of the two survey extensions (sg_survey and ms_survey) which is the most stable?

I can only speak for ms_survey which has been in production use from the
beginning. I have not gotten any bug reports[1] for a
looong time (although this is probably a bad indicator for stability).

> How much work will be required to get them into production ready status?

As said, the thing as such should be pretty stable. I only leave it
alpha because I am pretty conservative about release status and I
dislike being responsible for production use software that I don't have
the time to properly test myself. I will occasionally add new features
(mandatory items and filters) and therefore might break stuff, although
this will be indicated in the release notes.

> Is anybody using these in a production environment and have you had
> any catastrophic events?

We've had a serious bug with default values preventing other items to be
saved but I could fix it within some hours since the bug had been reported.

Greetings,
Michael

[1] But I expect to get a lot of them once I release my lousy attempts
at javascripting for mandatory items.