[Typo3] RTE replaces <div> with <p>

Pieter pieter_v at telenet.be
Mon May 23 07:52:26 CEST 2005

JoH wrote:

>Well - once and for all:
>RTE is an acronym for _Rich TEXT Editor_!
>
>It's been created not for tables, not for pictures, not for bulletlists and
>not for all the other stuff most of the people tend to be dropping into it.
>It's for Text elements and the corresponding markups like strong, em and it
>might be used for links from the text to other elements, pages and URLs -
>but that's it!
>
>TYPO3 is a content management system that offers lots of different content
>elements for all the other stuff.
>
>If you want to insert such a horrible piece of HTML-code (and believe me:
>you should think it over again!) you should use a content element called
>HTML for that.
>
>So don't blame the RTE if it's reformatting this code in a way you don't
>like.
>The simple reason is that an RTE is not the right tool for the job and you
>are expecting too much here ...
>
>Joey

This "horrible piece of HTML code" is created *with* the RTE (htmlArea
RTE)...  I turned on the source view in htmlArea and copied the source
to my mail.

How do I tell the content providers that Typo3 has a great RTE, creating
correct HTML code for tables (the source in htmlArea), but that they
have to write the HTML code for tables by hand?

An other consequence: no more tt_news articles with tables...

Pieter