[Typo3] Problems with ImageMagick

racco raczek at open.infi.pl
Mon May 23 04:50:28 CEST 2005

Uzytkownik "Wallace, David" <D.P.Wallace at massey.ac.nz> napisal w wiadomosci
news:mailman.2500.1116814113.23441.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...

I had the same problem via a server that I had no control over a few
days ago, it turns out the had enabled safemode for PHP/Apache that
meant my site could not use the *.exe files. This meant that although I
had my paths 100% correct, Typo3 could not execute the *.exe files to
test if ImageMagick was running (although had to get Typo3temp
read/write also).

My service provider disabled safemode for my site and ImageMagick came
to life straight away!

I hope this helps.

Thanks
David Wallace
Computer Consultant
Dept Communication and Journalism
Massey University
New Zealand

Unfortunately in my case it is not the way, because:

safe_mode Off
safe_mode_exec_dir /usr/local/php/bin
safe_mode_gid Off

this is from my phpinfo()