[Typo3] RTE replaces <div> with <p>

Pieter pieter_v at telenet.be
Sun May 22 15:58:06 CEST 2005

Rodrigo Cea wrote:

><DIV class=title>Some Text</DIV>
>
>after saving, it looks like:

>I'm assuming there's some RTE-related setting which says "strip divs,
>forget the class and replace with a <p> tag", which I should be able to
>turn off, no? Or do I have to specifically allow <div>s in RTE somewhere?
>
>I have tried commenting out  line 125 of
>ext/css_styled_content/static/setup.txt from
>
>remapTag.DIV = P
>
>but it changes nothing.

I'm struggling with the same problem for more then a week now.  You are
close, very close.  The solution is good but it should be done in
typoscript.  Add this to the SETUP part of the template:
lib.parseFunc_RTE.nonTypoTagStdWrap.encapsLines.remapTag >

It will have the result you seek.  The only potential problem left then
is that a <p class="bodytext"> tag is added to table cells.  That
can/will mess up tables.

Pieter