[Typo3] Print version

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sat May 21 21:50:03 CEST 2005

Hi again,

On 5/21/05, racco <raczek at open.infi.pl> wrote:

> >Uzytkownik "Christopher" <bedlamhotel at gmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci
> >news:mailman.2313.1116701803.23441.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> >Hi,
> >

> >Well, in your TS template for the PRINTABLE pages, you'll need
> >somthing like this:
> >
> >page.bodyTag = <body onload="turnOffLInks();">
>
> Few hours later in a tram I thought it should be put as body onLoad. Now I
> am sure!
> ---------------------------------------
>
> And what if I use plugin.alt.print(98) from 'include static' in my main
> template record?? Is there any chance to edit this??

Yep. Almost every bit of HTML in the frontend of a Typo3 site is
changeable (including most of the HTML output by the better-quality
extensions).

Think about your TS template for a moment: your ordinary pages (the
'type=0' pages) are defined in your TS template something like this:

page = PAGE
page.typeNum = 0
page.bodyTag = <body>

...and you can access these pages with a url such as:

www.example.com/index.php?id=23&type=0

or:

www.example.com/23.0.html (if using simulateStaticDocuments).

Your printable pages are accessible via urls such as:

www.example.com/index.php?id=23&type=98

or :

www.example.com/23.98.html (if using simulateStaticDocuments)

This might lead you to think that, somewhere, there's a Typoscript
configuration like this:

something = PAGE
something.typeNum = 98
something.bodyTag = ...

...and sure enough, there is; 'include static' just means that the
extension is including static Typoscript configuration, and in this
case, part of it will look very like the TS snippet above. This brings
us to the question 'Do I have to change the source code in order to
change static TS configurations?'

The answer is, of course, "NO!"  since files in the source of Typo3 or
any extension get overwritten when they are upgraded to new versions
etc. Since the static templates just include static Typoscript, you
can change, modify or unset the default values in your TS template. To
do this, you have to start exploring the Typoscript Object Browser
(which is available in the Template module in the back end. The TSOB
shows all the TS in your current template in a neatly organized tree
strcture. You can just expand the nodes and explore/edit the TS
directly from here. The TSOB is the MOST USEFUL tool in the entire
Typo3 community for learning to use Typoscript.

In any case, have a look through the TSOB for a snippet that creates a
PAGE object with typeNum property set to 98 and then just add/modify
the bodyTag property...

-Christopher