[Typo3] Hide empty content elements (was: Wrapping plugins)

Pieter pieter_v at telenet.be
Sat May 21 21:46:48 CEST 2005

Rupert Germann wrote:

>Pieter wrote:
>

>>The suggestion in the thread "Wrapping plugins" to use
>>"tt_content.list.20" made me wonder: is this the way to hide empty
>>content elements (a tt_news list without news, a select pro query with
>>empty result)?
>>I would like to hide the title and the text "No news in this category"
>>if a news category is empty.
>>

>for tt_news this is easy. see annotations on this page:
>http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tt_news/Configuration-63/
>
>search: alternative to marking Details page "not in menu"

The right column on my homepage has 2 content elements with tt_news
displaying a LIST view, each of a certain category.  The title of each
content element is a description of the category.  I would like to hide
the entire content element if the tt_news category is empty: the title
and the "No news in this category" text.  The same story for Select Pro:
hide the entire content element if the query is empty.

I'm dreaming of an extra checkbox in the backend: "hide content element
if news list is empty" (for tt_new) and "hide content element if query
is empty" (for Select Pro).  Really have to learn PHP and the Typo3 API
one of these days...

Pieter