[Typo3] Hide empty content elements (was: Wrapping plugins)

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Sat May 21 10:02:17 CEST 2005

Pieter wrote:
> The suggestion in the thread "Wrapping plugins" to use
> "tt_content.list.20" made me wonder: is this the way to hide empty
> content elements (a tt_news list without news, a select pro query with
> empty result)?
> I would like to hide the title and the text "No news in this category"
> if a news category is empty.

for tt_news this is easy. see annotations on this page:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tt_news/Configuration-63/

search: alternative to marking Details page "not in menu"

> Or the title and the text "You're query
> returned no result" when you use a Select Pro content element. In
> general: hide a content element depending on it's own content.

I don't know this ext, but when this message is hardcoded in the script,
then your only chance to get rid of it is to delete it from the ext.class

something like stdWrap.required can not work in this case because the any
message from the ext _is_ content so "required" has no effect here.

greets
rupi