[Typo3] has been answered: superfluos table(-content)

Cousins cousins at cousins.in-newzealand.com
Sat May 21 00:25:03 CEST 2005

Makes interesting reading when the German is plugged through the Altavista
Babblefish Translater:

All tables with * cache _ * * you can ignore (the tables on machine B so
long are present actually.
* Sys_log * is the internal LOGGING of Typo3. To seeking out errors
completely practically - your decision whether you want to carry that forward.
* Sys_history * is those change process of the objects in Typo3 - also here
again your decision
* Sys_stat * is the usual killer
  the Ext is worthwhile themselves according to my opinion then only if one
does not have an access to Web server Logs. Or the customer simple
statistics in to see direct would like.
For this I can only recommend to let once per month a CRON job run (or by
hand) all data records exported, those than 2 months am older (with
mysqldump -- where) and afterwards the exported data to delete sys_stat
fast thereby the railways increase on zig million records and laehmt.
We had the case 3 weeks ago ago that it was sys_stat so large that we could
not do it no more selected, nor exports or deletes. Thus only the way
remained down-driving to "railways, data file to delete, railways raising"

Ian (who only reads English)