[Typo3] extMgm addPlugin types

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Fri May 20 12:58:52 CEST 2005

Hi,

Meinte van't Kruis schrieb:
> The code about t3lib_extMgm::addPlugin contains:
>
>  void   addPlugin  (array $itemArray, [string $type = 'list_type'])
>
>     * array $itemArray: Item Array
>     * string $type: Type (eg. "list_type") - basically a field from
> "tt_content" table
>
> I'm wondering what kind of types are available (feuseradmin has plugin
> type '20' for example, I have no idea what it stands for), and what
> are the differences between them.

basicly I would think any field in tt_content that is configured as a
select field makes sense for $type (for example 'list_type',
'header_layout' 'cType', ..).

the method adds an entry to (the dropdown) of the appropriate select-box.

"feuseradmin has plugin type '20'" is something else I would think. the
'20' probably refers to the label and /or entry that is put into DB when
this plugin is selected and would be part of the $itemArray parameter.

I might be wrong though...
..anyway you just need to understand $TCA in order to pick this up.
man TYPO3-Core-API

Cheers,
Peter
--