[Typo3] T3 on PostgreSQL

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Fri May 20 00:10:48 CEST 2005

Ries,

> Thanks for the information.  Do you think 3.8.0 will work with
> PostgreSQL 8.0.x?
>
> Thanks again!
> Joe

yes... I think so.

We have had a little discussion about DBAL on
irc:/irc.freenode.net/typo3 about it.
You can get the DBAL extention from
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=91640
then change the name from tx_dbal to dbal and move it to you global or
local
extention directory.

I don't know all the details... But properly you need to install typo3
first on mysql,
then dump the DB and from there convert the database to postgresql using
a utility like this:
http://www.omnistarinc.com/~fonin/projects/my2pg/my2pg_man.html
Import that back into postgresql.
I direct apprough 'might' be possible..but then you need to know typo3
well etc.....

Then configure DBAL in typo3temp/localconf.php like this:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['dbal']['handlerCfg']=array(
        '_DEFAULT'=>array(
                'type'=>'adodb',
                'config'=>array(
                        'driver'=>'postgres7',
                        'username'=>'user',
                        'password'=>'xxx',
                        'host'=>'localhost',
                        'database'=>'test',
                )
        )
);

After that you are on your own... This is just my best guess ofcourse...
Let me know your findings please!

cheers,
Ries