[Typo3] AdminPanel & Preview Issues

Anoop Atre anoop.atre at gmail.com
Thu May 19 21:06:51 CEST 2005

#Problem:
I have two domains managed by typo3: D1 & D2
As admin (or a valid backend user) I cannot get preview FOR HIDDEN PAGES
or regular admin panel (any page) for D2 but BOTH work on D1.

When I try to view a hidden page (login - admin) I get the message:
---------------------------
Error!

The requested page did not exist or was inaccessible. For this domain
< SNIP URL >
no error-page is defined.
Please check the domain-records.
---------------------------

D1 was the first domain setup with root page id = 1, D2 rootpage id is
88 (not that this makes any difference).

Things I've checked and compared for both domains repeatedly - Template,
Root Page Header, User TSConfig, Group TSConfig.

I've looked through the documentation, googled, searched the mailing
lists (english/german/french) so please drop respond if you can think of
any solution or things I might have overlooked. If need be I can post
the template setup for the two domains they are pretty long and is
actually a composite of templates people have posted online.

#CURRENT SETUP:

System:
---------------------------
CONST: PHP_OS       : Linux
CONST: TYPO3_OS     :
CONST: php_sapi_name: apache2handler
OTHER: TYPO3_VERSION: 3.7.0
OTHER: PHP_VERSION  : 4.3.4
SERVER: SERVER_SOFTW: Apache/2.0.49
---------------------------

Domain Root Pages & Template Settings:
Page ID 1 & 88 are both set as root of website (in page header) and
their own unique templates start at that point which are both designated
Rootlevel. I do not use any basis templates or templates on next level.

In the template setup section I have:
---------------------------
config.admPanel=1
---------------------------

Users:
Users have no TSConfig setup.

Groups:
There is one content group, Content Managers, which has the following
TSConfig:
admPanel {
   enable.edit = 1
   module.edit.forceDisplayFieldIcons = 1
   hide = 0
}

options.HTMLAreaPspellMode = normal
options.RTEkeyList = bold, italic, underline, copy, cut, paste, undo,
redo, orderedlist, unorderedlist, line, link, image, spellcheck, findreplace