[Typo3] turning off FE editing globally?

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Wed May 18 23:54:32 CEST 2005

Hi,

Olivier Dobberkau schrieb:
> Jason A. Lefkowitz wrote:
>

>>Indeed I have, and I attempted to follow their instructions, but the
>>icons keep showing up...
>

> Jason.
>
> silly question? are you logged in as admin?
>
> if so:
> enable the admin panel and disable the editicons in the editpanel.
>
> other wise as stated in the manual:
> you can only disable the editicons per user and group as far as i know...

not quite I am afraid. ;)
look for TS-Setup(aka typoscript-template), something like...

tt_content.stdWrap.editPanel = 0
tt_content.###cType###.20.###.stdWrap.editIcons = 0
lib.stdHeader.stdWrap.editIcons=0

BUT, I don't know of any scenario where this is needed, unless TSConfig
is messed up or something is broken.

Cheers,
Peter

P.S.: Behaviour changed for 3.8 though: if forceDisplayEditIcons is set
in TSConfig then icons are shown regardless of the state of the
adminPanel. So maybe you have those force settings enabled?
--
Peter Niederlag
http://www.typo3partner.net * professional services network *