[Typo3] turning off FE editing globally?

Jason A. Lefkowitz jlefkowitz at oceana.org
Wed May 18 19:22:04 CEST 2005

Hey --

is there a simple way to just turn off frontend-editing globally across
a Typo3 instance?

I've found documentation on how to turn it off on a per-user and
per-page basis via TypoScript, but nothing about disabling it globally.
  It's annoying because all the little 'edit' icons are blowing out my
layout, so I don't see what my users will see (none of whom will be
logged in) -- so I'd prefer just to disable FE-editing and lose the
icons altogether.  Is this possible?

Thanks!

-- Jason Lefkowitz