[Typo3] "jumpurl" in other extensions

Darryl Krause darrylk at ywam.no
Wed May 18 13:21:44 CEST 2005

Hi list

Ihave been looking at the jumpurl fiunction as used in Direct Mail (dmail) and would like to use this in other ways.

I have a tt_news installation where many of the news items are are of the type External URL. Then, when using a news feed for example, I would like the news items to link back to my site and be forwarded through the jumpurl function to the external site (mainly for gaining statistics).

I have tried putting this line in TS setup of the template for the news feed:
config.jumpurl_enable = 1

I had read about "jumpurl_enable" in the TSref, but this did not seem to have any affect.

Any other ways of approaching this?

Thanks,
- Darryl Krause